Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bolide Sighting Over Highway 22 Between Trail And Castlegar British Columbia

Date: October 1, 2010
Time: 9:31 p.m.

Hello, my name is (name removed and personal information removed) At approximately 21:31hrs October 1, 2010 I was traveling north on highway 22 between Trail and Castlegar at 49.08'36.81"N 117.44'20.85"W. I observed a bolide overhead that tracked from my six and appeared to break into at least two pieces.

One large and one smaller trailing piece that disappeared first. Using Google Earth today I estimate the track to be almost a perfect, 0 degree, South to North directional. It appeared to be 10-15 east of zenith to my O.P. and disintegrated or became unobservable at approximately 45 degrees horizon.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment